Broadway

Growing up, theatre was a large part of my life. It started in middle school when I was in my first musical: The Best Little Theatre in Town. This love of theatre continued into high school, when I saw Wicked during its national tour with my mom and younger sister. This was the first time I'd seen a professional theatre company and I fell in love.

For this reason, Wicked has always been an important show for me. Not only was it the first show I saw in a venue such as this, but the message spoke to me, too. The friendship between Elphaba and Glinda despite their stark differences was inspirational to me as a small-town girl who had always felt a bit left out.

As I got more involved in theatre and choral music, other musicals began to be more important to me. One such show was Next to Normal. I love the tight harmonies, the way the story is told by only four main characters, and the interwoven melodies among different songs. The show flows in a unique way for its time, telling a tale of a woman with her own reality apart from that of those around her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going - A Video Deconstruction

Flip book

A Catch-All