Going - A Video Deconstruction




This is a tribute to travel. When I decided to come to school in Florida, one of the draws of moving from New Hampshire was the amount of time I would get to spend in the airport. Unlike many people, I love airports -- the way they represent a separate world of sorts.

Over four years, I have gotten very used to these alternate worlds. I have accrued nearly 60,000 miles on my Southwest account. I have memorized the typical flights from my home airport (BDL) to TPA and everywhere in between. BWI has become as familiar as either of these and I certainly have preferences and biases when it comes to layovers and connecting airports.

The trips, though, can become mundane. This is a compilation of a few videos I have taken while flying. The song in the background reverses and speeds up about halfway through, representing the trip home - this flight is consistently faster because of wind patterns. However, it is difficult to tell where the song changes, as these flights can become routine and even hard to distinguish when you take them frequently enough.


Comments

  1. This is very captivating, through the peacefulness of the airplane gliding in the sky, the beautiful views of the ground and sky, and the choice of music, I think your video was great! I especially liked your use of special effects later in the video, as the plane appeared to start melting, very trippy and cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your video. It is very peaceful. It gives a relax feeling. I have been travel by airplane a lot but I did not know how relax it is to look at the sky through window until I watch your video. I will definitely pay more attention looking outside next time on the plane. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy to travel too. Im glad Im not the only one who likes airports, this is my first year in Tampa and I would never have thought I would be at the airport so much. Watching your video with the music playing was very pleasing to watch. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flip book

A Catch-All